Simplify your life to ease your mind.
1. Accept that you have been procrastinating.
A lot of us like to wait for the last minute to do even the simplest tasks. Some of us also postpone cleaning around the house simply because we don't know where to start. Maybe there's a lot of things to clean or we just don't feel up to it or there are other tasks on our priority list.
Either way, it's become a problem that a lot of us face on a daily basis. Especially when it seems like there's a lot of work to do when in reality it wouldn't take as long as you think. Luckily for you, there are a few ways to be more productive and procrastinate less.
2. Write down all your tasks.
Keep track of what you need to get done either on your phone or on paper. We tend to easily forget things so writing things down will give you a reference to look back on incase you lose track of what you need to be doing.
3. Clean up as you go.
A clean living space will help you keep a clear mind. You'll be able to focus more on the important tasks that need to be done rather than stressing about dirty dishes or dirty laundry etc. Here are a few cleaning tips to get started:
- Put garbage directly in the trash. Avoid leaving it on the counter, floor, bed etc.
- Wipe down counters with cleaning wipes.
- Clean up spills right away.
- Know where things are kept in the house.
- Delete emails you never open & unsubscribe from them (if applicable).
4. Deep cleaning/decluttering.
Decluttering is also very important. Some of us tend to keep a lot of unnecessary clothing, makeup or other products and items that we don't use at all for years! We all love a good decluttering video.
Once you donate or throw away all of the clothes that don't fit, the makeup that's expired, the items you no longer like or use, you will feel so much better in your own space. You will also be more productive as an outcome. Try it out and see for yourself! Listed below are some ideas for you to start cleaning out all aspects of your life.
- Donate or throw away old, unused, disliked clothing & shoes
- Donate or throw away expired, unused, disliked makeup & beauty products
- Sell furniture or items you no longer need or use
- Keep office space organized and clean
- Delete old emails
- Delete useless/old files
- Delete photos & videos
- Delete unused apps
- Delete photos & videos
- Delete from the downloaded items
- Refresh your phones theme
- Clean outside of vehicle
- Keep wipes in the vehicle for ease of cleaning the interior
- Take out trash from vehicle right away
Thanks for joining me!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."